What you can expect from WDCVS
- Services that are impartial, objective and confidential
We treat every enquiry in confidence and will only disclose your details outside of WDCVS with your knowledge. We will ensure all data is stored in line with data protection and GDPR requirements.
- Prompt responses in a professional manner
Meeting bookings can be made immediately via the website or by calling our helpline. For other enquiries we will do all we can to respond immediately but, if this is not possible, we will respond within 1 working day.
- Services based on up to date and accurate information
We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our team members and ensuring we access up-to-date information and resources at all time. All information and support is given, based on good faith; if we do not have the necessary information or expertise we will refer you to the most appropriate service to help you.
- Support to help you to access our services
We are committed to equality of access to all the communities we work with. Where you may need extra support, we will do our best to meet your needs.
- Services that empower you but will not do everything for you
We are committed to assisting you to confidently identify and address your needs by providing relevant support, challenge, guidance and information.
- Information of potential partners in your work
We will inform you of any similar community or charitable activity we are aware of at appointments and will encourage co-operation between such groups wherever possible.
- A clear agreed plan for any actions to be completed after our meeting
We keep a record of each surgery and support session and the actions that both parties have agreed to do before our next meeting.
- 48 hours notice if we have to cancel a booked meeting/session
Unless the cancellation is due to an emergency, ill-health or adverse weather.
- Encouragement to feedback your views on our services
We will use the feedback you give us to continually improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our local third sector.
- Promoting the best interests of the third sector
The local third sector is a broad spectrum of independently operated organisations. Our work is to represent the best interests of the sector as a whole and not the interests of any one individual organisation. We can, of course, assist organisations on a one-to-one basis to consider issues of concern.