The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free UK wide service which provides extra help to priority customers during power cuts or when there’s an interruption to electricity, gas or water supply.
Joining the PSR helps utility companies provide adapted services, adjust communications and make amendments to keep people safe and provide advance warning of planned interruptions to electricity, gas or water supplies.
Those eligible for PSR are as follows:
- Use medical equipment reliant on electricity or water
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Are deaf or hard of hearing
- Have a chronic illness
- Have anxiety, depression or any other mental health condition
- Have a disability
- Are over 60
- Live with children under 5
- Temporarily need extra support (e.g. recent operation)
- Need documents translated into another format or language
To find out more and to sign up for the service https://psrscotland.com/