West Dunbartonshire residents and businesses are being urged to get on their bikes to celebrate Cycle September.
The global bike riding event of the year brings together riders of every level to promote the health, financial and environmental benefits of bicycles.
Now West Dunbartonshire Council is backing the Workplace Challenge – a fun element of Cycle September where colleagues can get together and win prizes by racking up points based on their bike usage.
Last year more than 51,000 riders from almost 7000 businesses took part including over 5500 people who were new to riding.
They hopped on their bikes, logged their rides, encouraged their friends and family to join, and won amazing prizes for their efforts.
It doesn’t matter if you ride every day or if you haven’t been on a bike in years, Love to Ride has resources to help people ride out with confidence, from Top Tips articles and Quick Courses.
There are so many benefits to be enjoyed from riding a bike, and Cycle September is all about embracing each and every one of them, such as:
* Supercharged physical health – even a 10-minute bike ride will boost your immune system and improve cardiovascular health.
* Improved mental health – riding a bike is a mindful activity that promotes the release of endorphins and can reduce the causes of depression
* Reduced stress and anxiety – biking can calm the mind, improve self-confidence, and elevate your mood.
* Protecting the planet – reduce your carbon footprint by leaving the car at home.
* Saving money – cut down on transport costs and car maintenance.
Workplaces and individuals across West Dunbartonshire can get involved at https://www.lovetoride.net/westdunbartonshire